Whether you’re starting a new business or rebranding an existing one, it’s critical to consider how you can get more views on your site.
Various internet marketing tactics can help get traffic to your eCommerce website and reach the right people. Social media ads, SEO, and content marketing are just a few ways you can get traffic to your eCommerce site. When your site is optimized for conversions, more customers can mean an increase in sales.
Optimize Your eCommerce Site for Sales
Here are a few things to consider before you decide on a marketing strategy that increases visits to your company site. Taking time to establish these aspects ensures that your online store is ready to convert more visitors into customers.
Identify if your products meet customer demand
Define the characteristics and benefits of your product before you approach prospective buyers. Figure out how each product feature simplifies someone’s life, and decide who might benefit from it. Consider selling products that customers will buy from you regularly.
Check out YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok to find products that are similar to yours. Read the comments on the videos to see if there are any problems with the products that you need to know about. This information can be useful as you plan your marketing strategy and consider selling products that better meet the needs of your target audience.
Figure out your target audience
Learn as much as you can about your target audience by considering the most critical factors, such as age, gender, and marital status. Pinpoint your audience’s mental and emotional qualities, such as their values, preferences, and interests.
You can then identify what selling features of your product or service correspond to each of these attributes.
Use your customers’ wording in your product descriptions
Write product descriptions for your niche that are both informative and intriguing. You can read customer reviews and feedback on social media, blog posts, and review sites to get a feel for how customers describe your items.
Use similar wording in your product descriptions to ensure your content is relevant and appeals to your audience. Review and proofread your product descriptions to see if they flow naturally and accurately depict the product. Above all else, make sure there are no mistakes.
Check if your images are high-quality
The quality of your product photos can influence a buyer’s perception of your company and brand. A professional photographer can take your product images, or you can take your pictures using a smartphone.
You want people to notice particular colors, styles, or other characteristics of your products before buying them. Consumers want to see high-quality images of items from various angles to assess whether they meet their expectations before committing to a purchase.
No matter how unique or modern your brand is, your product images reinforce and distinguish it. The pictures you use for your products can affect how your business performs in other marketing channels, like Google’s Shopping Feeds. Your product images’ size, format, and URL should all conform to Google’s guidelines, so they appear in its comparison shopping feeds.
Ways to Get More Traffic to Your eCommerce Website
As you try different strategies for increasing web traffic, remember your target audience’s needs and concerns so you can discover what resonates with them.
Improve your site’s SEO
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) can increase traffic to your eCommerce site by positioning it higher in search results. Some keywords are more popular than others, so it may take some time to find the right keywords to help visitors find your online shop.
To help visitors locate information on your site, you can include keywords in its metadata, including titles and descriptions. Those who have brick-and-mortar businesses can add local SEO keywords that indicate your location, county, and state.
- Create relevant meta titles and descriptions: Your meta title and meta description affect how your site appears in the search results pages. These are key factors Google uses to rank pages. Your meta title and description should include your target keyword and be unique to each page. The meta titles should concisely describe what your customers want, such as “women’s dresses” or “men’s shaving products.”
- Add a Contact Us page: The Contact Us page is a valuable element of a local business’ website. A contact form allows customers to learn your business name, address, hours, and phone number, building trust in your brand. Over 54% of smartphone users search for business hours, while 53% look for directions to nearby stores. Google prioritizes consistent, reliable information for local searches, so this is essential for local SEO.
- Use alt tags: You can drive more traffic to your eCommerce website by describing your images and videos on each page with alt tags. These tags are alternative text that allows a search engine to better find your site based on what consumers are looking for. Try to incorporate keywords into your alt tags to better your chances of aligning with people’s search terms.
Run paid advertising campaigns
You can market your products and services through paid advertising campaigns. You can run these campaigns on Google, Facebook, and Bing to reach your target audience.
- Advertise through Google ads: With Google Ads, you can reach consumers on Google and YouTube, the two most popular search engines on the planet. Google advertisements work on an auction system, which means your bid amount and relevance to the search term determines your search engine placement compared to other bidders.
- Create Facebook ads: With a powerful advertising platform like Facebook, you can target people based on their interests, activities, and geographical location. Facebook Dynamic Ads allow you to target those who have already visited your website with advertisements highlighting the goods they browsed or added to their carts.
- Take advantage of Bing ads: While Google Ads are more familiar, Bing reaches 44 million desktop searchers that Google does not. Bing ads offer various ads ranging from expanded text ads to product ads that show when consumers search for related products. They also have the option of Microsoft audience ads, which are native advertisements placed on websites in the Microsoft Audience Network.
Attract attention with content marketing
You can establish your business as a thought leader in your niche by creating content for your website. Content can be anything a consumer might find interesting or valuable. You can create web content in many ways, from blogs to videos.
- Write informative blog posts to help customers: When you write blog posts, you must think about your target audience’s needs and pain points. Come up with a list of blog post topics based on what your target audience is searching for, along with the target keywords. Based on this data, create blog posts like gift guides or advice on using your product that appeal to consumer interest. You can also share guest blog posts from product reviewers and influencers. Eventually, you can generate more traffic to your online site by developing informative blog posts that interest them.
- Engage your customers with video: Depending on the goals of your company, you can create videos for social media, YouTube, and your eCommerce site. These videos can be educational to teach your audience a new skill using your product. Creating entertaining videos that appeal to your audience’s interests can also help capture and keep their attention. Videos can also answer questions your audience may have about your business. Make sure your videos reflect the overall tone of your company.
- Publish infographics: Infographics provide essential insights and statistics in a visually appealing and shareable format. You can publish them on your blog or social media accounts. As a result, your company can establish itself as an authority in its field and spread knowledge about its services. Put a link to your website in your infographic so people can recognize it when they share the image.
Start email marketing campaigns
Among the most effective means of driving traffic to your website is email marketing. Email marketing generates an average of $42 from every $1 invested, a high return on investment (ROI). The email addresses you have from your customers’ purchases are great for building an email list and staying in touch with your client base.
- Establish a goal for your email marketing campaign: Whether you want to promote a holiday deal or announce a new product line, make sure your email campaign has an obvious goal. You can segment your email list based on customer behaviors and purchases. If you plan to offer a holiday deal for children’s gifts, target past customers who previously purchased children’s clothing and toys.
- Use clear copy and stunning images in your emails: Your email headlines and content need to be short and engaging to entice your customers to open them. You want your customers to view your products to entice them, so don’t cut corners on the images. A call-to-action button with simple instructions on what you want the reader to do next should appear at the end of your emails. If you have any unique selling points, such as free shipping, remember to include them in your email content to catch your audience’s attention.
- Upsell and cross-sell your products in your emails: To better engage your email subscribers and get them to return to your store, you may upsell or cross-sell your other products. An upsell occurs when you offer a client a more expensive product that will benefit them. The practice of cross-selling involves suggesting a product that is related to or complementary to past purchases. You can send follow-up emails to customers who make a purchase suggesting they add these products to their cart next time they shop online.
More Traffic to Your Site Means More Customers
These marketing methods should help you increase the amount of traffic to your online business. Start with one of these methods to see how it affects your site’s traffic, and then incorporate other ones in tandem. These strategies can work together to create a successful digital marketing plan that translates into business success in the long run.
At Marketing Success, we have the SEO knowledge and content marketing skills to set your brand above the competition. Get your eCommerce site noticed by working with an internet marketing agency with a proven track record of success. Call us today at (248) 509-8305 to get started.